Monday, February 16, 2009

The Axe Falls

Thursday, January 29th, 2009

I scheduled a meeting to discuss goals for the next year with my manager. The meeting was finally set for this day and when I went to his office, he said it would be in the conference room and that the big boss would be there. I felt something was different about this meeting. The net result of the meeting was that there wasn't enough work to do for me to have a full-time position.

What it seemed like they needed was an outside-the-box thinker to come up with some more projects, but sadly one of the best ones they had was not consulted and his position was eliminated. As per the severance agreement, we are only to speak of one another on neutral or better terms, and that violates my balanced reporting standard, so this chapter is ended.

In total, I was actually somewhat relieved at the time, as time passes I am becoming more anxious to return to work, just to get the cash flow back up. My only regret is not taking a couple hours to say goodbye to the many co-workers and friends there. I will try and swing back in to see them sometime.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

My dear son-in-law, it's truly their loss and unfortunately this came at a really bad time, but I have confidence that you will just move on to bigger and better things. I am certain God has a better plan and job waiting for you. He knows what He is doing, even when we don't. The church is praying for you here and, of course, so am I. I am 100% positive that everything will work out for the best. You were too good for that company anyway, if they can't recognize a good thing when they have it. Anything I can do to make your life easier, just call. Keep your spirits up, you will be of such value to some company soon, I bet. Love you much, MIL