Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Current and Future Endorsements

My current endorsements consist of my wife, Christa. I hope to grow this list. My plan to get endorsements; write well-crafted Brain Drippings. These are things that ooze from my head over the course of a day that I sometimes feel are best left unspoken. But since I can write them on a blog with a current readership of one. I shouldn't get into any trouble, just yet.

Why "Brain Drippings"? I am not sure. I considered the general source of my thoughts, my brain, and then the way they seem to appear, as gelatinous poolings under a game bird in the oven. So Brain Drippings it is until better inspiration strikes. But that is the essence of brain drippings.

"Sure, I'd love to take a steam with you Senator."

"What's that puddling underneath your seat?"

"Brain Drippings."

I just realized I have created an alternative meaning and am slightly disgusted. This probably just killed my chance of future endorsements, but I would like to begin listing my preferred suitors.

Future Endorsements: Dr. Pepper.

I am a sack lunch man. Loose meat sandwiches at least four days a week. (Future post to cover proper assembly of loose meat sandwiches.) And what do I serve myself with such sandwiches? The only liquid taste treat worthy: Dr. Pepper. Caffeinated, carbonated, sweet nectar nursed from heaven itself.

But what is up with the 23 flavors? It has one flavor, and that flavor is tasty. I can't even come up with 23 flavors. And they certainly don't list them on the can. Is it essence of rhubarb? Or is it a proprietary combination of artificial flavors; 1 - 17, 35 - 38, with a hint of 56 and a sprinkle of 87. I have one tongue with four quadrants, who are you trying to impress? I have 23 pairs of socks. I don't put it on my name tag. I realize this might not be the best approach to getting a Dr. Pepper endorsement, but it is my lunch time beverage and I only want the best for it.

Notes for the future: Expand on proper construction of loose meat sandwiches, work on list of inventions and bad business ideas for feedback, provide more background on myself, family and surroundings, and try to woo more sponsors.

No comments: