Friday, December 5, 2008

Deserted Island

What would be the one thing I would want with me if I were stranded on a deserted island?

A fully-fueled and staffed airplane capable of taking off on or near the deserted island.

Oh, I should have said "my family." No. 1) Neither Christa or E float well enough to be bound by palm fronds and paddled to safety. 2) Neither goes by the alias "MacGyver." 3) I love them dearly, but after a couple weeks they are going to start looking tasty. And no one wants to be chewing on baby feet when the Coast Guard arrives.

If it was a nice enough island, I would want 1) afore-mentioned plane, 2) complete food supply chain including preparers, 3) fully-functional hospital with celebrity residence wing, and 4) my family.

Coming in at 3724) My favorite book, unless it was "How to construct and staff a fully-fueled jump jet in 24 hours with stuff you can find on your own deserted island." Which would make an excellent DVD set. Order now and I will throw "How to make a human life raft" for no extra charge.

974159) My favorite DVD. What would I do with it? Reflect the sun to toast insects or momentarily blind sea creatures to eat. All the neighboring natives would find is "Dead man with shiny trinket."

Who am I kidding? My day-glow white Welsh accountant flesh would be glowing red like Rudolph's nose by nightfall. NASA would pick me up with thermal imaging and send the Navy thinking I was a tropical Yeti.

No comments: