Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Generation E

Copyright it. Trademark it. Sell it on a t-shirt. Create new business lingo, write a book and make coin on a speaking tour.

November 30th, 2008

Here we sit at the computer. E is about 14 1/2 months, already seeking an IM buddy with shared interests in dishwashers, lip balms and snail mail retrieval. She can already seemingly mindlessly pound the keyboard and turn on functions I didn't even know existed. I am stuck right near the border of Gen X and Y depending on who you talk to and find I don't need a cell phone, but have one just in case. But Generation E will have digital lunch boxes capable of making micro-loans to other Gen E'ers in a vast network of cookie-denominated virtual playgrounds. And the E-Biscuit will lead them.

Look at her. She is actually using both the right and left mouse buttons simultaneously with a SINGLE FINGER! I am neither single nor this coordinated.














As a part of the Dada pledge, I will try and provide guidance and encouragement throughout her life, but I feel I might be doing so blindly in a matter of months as she will soon be e-vanced (not nearly as good as Generation E) beyond my abilities to comprehend. I love you E-Burgers, let me know when the spaceship is coming.

1 comment:

Grammy said...

Oh no, it's the Grandpa N genes! Not my granddaughter! No! No! Rescue her..take her shopping!

Grammy/MIL